We already had this fabulous children's size table and chairs (an AWESOME hand-me-down), so I thought I'd build a theme around their celestial design.
After making a few purchases at Target, Michael's and a garage sale, we were ready to begin. First, we moved everything out of the sun room.
Chris painted the room.
Cora ran around the house with the lid to her humidifier on her head.
And seven hours later, we were done!
Before:
After:
I found this shelving unit at a garage sale for $10 and the bins were on sale at Target for $6. FYI, if they have a sale and run out of the item you want, you can get a rain check for that item and buy it later for the sale price. Very handy.
I bought these letters at Michael's and painted them myself.
I stayed within my budget and think the room turned out great. I also think this will be an easy theme to add onto in our next home. I'm thinking a celestial inspired reading nook for Cora...
3 comments:
What a great room for Cora! I'm so impressed that you did that in a day -- way to go! And I'm totally coveting your shelving unit -- we're in desperate need of some organization in our playroom/dining room.
LOVE it! Well done!
Love the new playroom!!! You are awesome and I'm amazed that you stuck to the budget:)
Post a Comment