Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter

Easter morning started with a visit from the Easter Bunny. The tradition in the Baldwin and Hogan family has been that the Easter Bunny would leave a trail of little bunnies from your bedroom door to your Easter basket. The paper mache bunnies my mom and her brothers found and my sister, brother and I found have been misplaced over the years, so the Easter Bunny left little plastic eggs with vanilla wafers in them for Cora. She caught on to finding the eggs and putting them in her bag very quickly, and once she figured out "cook-cooks" were inside, she was even faster at tracking those eggs down!






Cora discovers her Easter basket and decides she's more interested in finding eggs than the books, etc. the Easter Bunny brought her.



All dolled up for Easter Sunday services, and she FINALLY has enough hair for a bow. YES!



After church, Grandma O and I made a feast and we had a nice dinner. I was reminded of our first Easter in Memphis when Tom, Mags and the Os came down to celebrate with us. We were in that super-tiny "hovel" of a house, and everyone stayed with us. Tom slept on the couch, Chris & I slept on the floor, Mags had the guest room and the Os slept in our bed. We had a card table set up on the screened in porch and our little table in our den for people to eat. I invited a friend, because at that point what was one more person! It was a little nutty at the time and I seem to remember Mags bought us a blender to make sure the Mag-aritas were flowing, but it's one of my favorite Memphis memories. I hope you all had a Happy Easter as well!

2 comments:

Hillary Adams said...

Cora looks precious as always. And I'm thinking Easter margarita's should be a holiday tradition everywhere!!

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite Easters were all celebrated around Mom's table and consisted of lots of Easter candy. Although, the first Easter fast Bill and I did, we celebrated being able to eat Easter morning at the Golden Corral. It's a buffet. The food is not good, but they have a dessert buffet that is to DIE for. I'm salivating just thinking about it! Anyway, we gorged on desserts that am and it was glorious.