At three years old, Cora is 38" tall and 30 pounds. She loves books, movies, playing make believe games, soccer, arts and crafts, playing at the park, music and "washing" dishes. She is such a good big sister to Liese. She's got potty training down and only needs a pull-up at nap and bedtime. She recognizes most letters and numbers 1-5.
We finally found a technique that works for bedtime. Chris or I sit in her room and read a book (or grade, etc.) until she falls asleep. We don't interact with her. We just sit quitely. We've been doing this for about a month, and it works well. No more screaming or bedtime battles. (thank you Jesus!)
Cora is a happy, sweet and conscientious little girl with a great sense of humor. She is also ridiculously stubborn (but on the plus side, that determination comes in handy when she's problem solving or learning something new). She doesn't miss much either! We told her "stupid" is a bad word, and if ever Chris or I say "stupid" she quickly lets us know, "We don't say that word! It isn't nice!"
She's become so inquisitive. "Why?" and "How come?" are constant questions. After attending a wake, Cora asked Chris & me why we were telling people we were sorry for their loss. I told her their grandma went to heaven to be with Jesus and people feel sad because heaven is far away and it'll be a while before they can see their grandma again. Cora thought about that and then asked, "Is heaven further away that Missouri?"
The other night when I came home, she met me at the back door and blurted: "I already told Liese I am sorry!" Turns out, she bit her finger. Why, I don't know. She also told her babysitter at daycare that she didn't "feel" like cleaning up before naptime. The babysitter gave her "the look" and Cora agreed to clean up. Then the next day she told the babysitter, "I think I have to go potty during clean up time." Needless to say, the babysitter didn't buy that line.
Cora loves to reenact movies. We play Tangled, and she's Rapunzel, or we'll play The Little Mermaid, and she is, of course, Ariel. Some how I always end up being the villain.
She is such a loving kid. The other night she gave me a big hug and said, "Mommy, you are such a great mom." And she ADORES her daddy.
Cora, we are so blessed that you are our little girl. I am so proud of you and think you are such a neat kid. We love you bunches and bunches!
No comments:
Post a Comment