Cora’s two bottom front teeth are loose, which has been THE
talk of conversation among her friends. All of her older friends, whether they
be at childcare or playing at our house, have inspected her loose teeth and
given her strategies and advice for getting the teeth out. “Eat hard food, like
carrots. Even if you don’t like carrots, eat ‘em anyway!” “Have your dad yank it out with a wash cloth!”
“You gotta wiggle them every day with
your tongue!”
---------------------------------------------------------
Chris accidently got our biggest ball stuck way up high in a
tree. There is no way to get it down, and Annaliese has been very upset about
this because it is her favorite ball. So she came up with a plan. Since Daddy
can’t climb up and get it, she’d ask a squirrel to get her ball down. Cora was
listening to this and said, “Annaliese, that will never work. Squirrels can’t
talk. I’ve been around them a lot, and I’ve never heard them say a thing!”
------------------------------------------------------
Annaliese called 911, unbeknownst to me.
I had just talked
to my mom on my cell phone, and the girls and I went outside to work in the
garden. Liese got my cell phone while I wasn't paying attention, and I hear her
say, "Hi Grandma! We digging in the dirt. Mommy find worms!" She kept
telling the person on the line all about the worms for a few seconds before I
told her to give me the phone. She hands it over and I say, "Hi Mom. Sorry
about that. Annaliese called you on her own." And instead of my mom I
hear, "Mam, this is NOT your mother. This is the 911 operator."
ACK! I apologized and thankfully didn't get a fine or a visit from the police to investigate an emergency. Never a dull moment with this kid.
ACK! I apologized and thankfully didn't get a fine or a visit from the police to investigate an emergency. Never a dull moment with this kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment