Friday, February 20, 2015

Staying Sane in Winter

We're at the point in winter where it feels like we're living the movie "Groundhog Day." Stuck inside, freezing cold, gray ... ugh. To stay sane we've:

Made  paper dolls and a theater for them out of a cereal box...

Set up an indoor target for the Nerf gun...

Little sharp shooter!

Her expressions crack me up :-)

Finally went to a Home Depot workshop for kids. The girls LOVED this.




We made it! (I love that Annaliese wore tons of jewelry to this.)

We tried to go for a winter hike. I had this idea that they'd take disposable cameras and photograph our favorite trail in the winter, and then I'd print their pictures and they could use the photos to make up stories. But they're still too young to be outside for more than 15-20 minutes when it's below 30. They get cold too easily.


How many more days till spring??? Too many.

1 comment:

ART said...

I thought kids were supposed to be immune to the elements! Those girls better get used to it ;-)