Thursday, August 20, 2015

Last Hoorah

This summer has been busier than I would've liked. Chris & I both ended up working a ton, which is frustrating because one of the perks of being in education is a flexible and slower summer schedule. It also rained a lot, which was a bummer. As a result, the kids spent too much time playing iPad games and watching movies and those spontaneous moments of summer fun were few and far between.  BUT, squeezed them in where and when we could. We had a great time vacationing in Texas and Washington. The girls played Barbies and Ponies for HOURS on end. We made some good memories.

On our final day of summer vacation, we did one of my favorite activities - hiking and a picnic lunch. It was glorious! When Chris and I are old and gray (God willing), these are the days I hope we remember.








No comments: