Our temporary home.
It's a typical Midwestern home and reminds me of many of the homes in Port Huron. The good news:
a) It's cheap rent
b) It's close to campus
c) It's more spacious that what we've had
The bad news:
a) It hadn't been up-dated or cleaned well in a looooong time. We're the first tenants, and it literally took 3 people 3 days to clean the kitchen. I won't even go into the kitchen floor funk, but let's just say my mother-in-law is going for sainthood for cleaning that floor.
b) The basement floods EVERY time it rains. Very Bad.
c) It smells. We found cigarette butts in the floor vents when we cleaned them. I can't wait for fall weather so I can open all the windows and air this place out.
So, hopefully we won't be here long. Hopefully, we'll find a great house to buy. Soon.
This is the family room/dining room/kitchen combo.
This is a close up of the wood burning stove in the corner of the family room. Those are rocks you see around the base. I think this is going to be problematic with a certain almost two year old I know.
This is what you see when you come in the front door. That door you see leads to the family room. If you turned around, you'd see a hall that leads to the 3 bedrooms and bathroom.
This is the view from my front door. That's the college's athletic center and football field across the street.
If you stood on the drive way and looked to your right, you'd see more of the campus. This is where Chris will be teaching. He has about a 3 minute commute, by foot!
So, there you have it.
2 comments:
It looks cute Carolyn! And that's wonderful it's so close to campus. Just keep reminding yourself it's only temporary and try to think of the positive like how cheap it is and the fact that it's someone else's to maintain, like with the basement situation. I know how it feels though to live in a place you don't like b/c that's how I felt about our apartment. But once you're gone it's so funny how you'll start to think about it and actually miss some things about it. I don't miss living in it but I do miss the location and the fact that when something broke it was someone else's responsibility to fix it ;D Those were the days...
You have made it look so nice Carolyn! I know it's not what you want but it will be super convenient and a great way to save money while you look else where. And in the mean time feel free to visit Texas as much as you want:)
Post a Comment