Sunday, July 7, 2013

10 Years

On July 5th, Chris and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary! The week before our anniversary, we invited our parish priest and a family we're good friends with over for dinner and a small, simple ceremony. Fr. Tom gave us a special blessing and Chris and I took turns reading (brief!) letters we wrote to one another reaffirming our love and commitment. Then we sang "The Servant Song" and had a fun evening of food and friendship.
 
 
 
 
On our actual anniversary, we took an exoctic trip to Naples (Illinois!) for dinner along the coast (of the Illinois River!) :-)
 

 
Enjoying the view...

Ten years. We are so blessed.

2 comments:

ART said...

So glad you had a wonderful day and celebrations!

Hillary Adams said...

10 Years! What an amazing decade you have had together. And what a beautiful family you have created. I'm blessed and honored to have been there and to have y'all in my life. Love you all-happy anniversary!