I walk in to the house to find Annaliese running around NAKED --- with a black eye! -- chanting, "I WANT SOME BEER!"
1) No one knows for sure how she got the black eye. It was faint but bruised none the less.
2) She's had one tinee-tiny sip of beer ONE time, and the toddler who loves sushi, hummus, falafel and broccoli loved it and isn't forgetting that taste of forbidden fruit.
3) Running around naked while yelling "I want beer" as a two year old does not bode well for her to EVER live away from home when she goes to college.
4) We are one call away from a DCFS visit with this kid!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Annaliese still requests songs at bedtime every night, only now her favorites are silly, made up songs about tee tee and poo poo. She laughs so hard every time I sing them that she gives herself the hiccups.
------------------------------------------------------------
In a two hour period yesterday, the following happened:
My spa gift certificate, which was my Mother's Day/birthday present, disappeared from my purse. This the exact same purse Annaliese insists on playing with, even though she has two play purses of her own. I've kept my cool when the furniture, walls and bedspreads were colored on, when the couch was peed on, when the precious baby book was ripped, but loosing this gift certificate put me over the edge. I had to hide out in the bathroom for a while to calm down.
I (somewhat) regained my composure & made the girls lunch. While waiting for her lunch, Annaliese purposefully squirted her entire juice box all over my newly washed kitchen floors. Later during the same lunch, she took the remnants of her PB&J sandwich, opened it up, and took the bread, peanut butter side up, and rubbed it all over the bottom of her bare feet like it was a loofah.
What was I doing while all this happened, you wonder? Oh you know, making lunch, scraping food in the trash and not watching her for approximately 30 seconds.
And this day just kept getting better! After the lunch fiasco, I put Annaliese down for her nap. 45 minutes later, she was still singing to herself in her crib. I know from experience that this signals trouble. Annaliese has done something to entertain herself, and you can bet it's not an activity I would choose. Chris, who just returned from a day of golf, went up-stairs to check on her and frantically called me in for reinforcements. Annaliese had smuggled a bead into bed by hiding it in her pocket. Instead of napping, she shoved the bead up her nose. I got it out.
We broke the mold with this kid!
2 comments:
This was the most classic Oldenburg update. Many laughs out loud that even Levi was mocking me laugh. I'm sure there were few laughs from you though. Maybe you were the one yelling "I want beer!" out your window by the end of the day!
O.M.G. This prob isn't nearly as funny to you but this could be a sitcom.
Post a Comment