Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Messiness of Motherhood

Yesterday was one of those rare and wonderful days when I really sat back and appreciated this stage of life. And it wasn't because it was a perfect day. Far from it! The day included 3 time outs for Annaliese before 9 am, an art project that became way messier than I anticipated, and a picnic lunch we couldn't have because it was too windy. BUT it also included reading books on the front porch swing, watching Cora and Annaliese reenact Frozen at the park, Annaliese dozing off in my lap while we watched a cartoon and *just being together.* At the end of the day, I thought about all the things we'd done that day and it was hard to believe we packed in that much activity in just one day. But that's the messiness of motherhood. As my OB recently reminded me: life with kids is chaotic, and every day you have to decide if you're going to embrace the chaos.

2 comments:

Corrina said...

Needed that post today. :)

ART said...

<3