I didn't have high expectations for Mother's Day. It coincided with Commencement so Chris had to work all day, and I'd worked a lot of overtime leading up to Commencement so I had plenty of housework and errands that I needed to get caught up on. But much to my most pleasant surprise, it turned out to be a GREAT day and it was all because of Cora.
She has a sticker chart, and when she does big girl things, like getting dressed by herself, she gets a sticker. On Mother's Day, she insisted that I pick her stickers for her... because it's Mother's Day.
Cora also has a traffic light to help her with behavior issues. Being on green means she's behaving well, yellow means she's had a verbal warning and is still misbehaving and red is for time outs/loss of privileges. She told me, "Mommy, I'm going to be on green all day today ... because it's Mother's Day."
When it was time for us to have some special time together during Liese's nap, Cora told me I could pick the movie ... because it's Mother's Day.
As we snuggled up to watch Stuart Little 3, I thanked her for being such a sweet girl all day and making me feel so special. And she hugged me and said, "You are special, Mommy. I feel it in my heart."
No gift or fancy dinner can compare to that. Thank you, Cora. I love you and think you're pretty special, too.
2 comments:
Awh!!!! I love that sweet baby girl! I can't wait to hug Cora and precious Liese very soon. And I agree with Cora-you are a rock star mom:)
Awww.... we all know what a smart girl she is :)
Post a Comment