Thursday, June 7, 2012

Proud Moment

On Sunday, our church had a special Mass followed by a picnic and playing at a local park. We went, and Cora played with a friend named Samantha. Across the playground, she spotted one of her best friends from preschool, Kendall. Naturally, she took off to play with Kendall.

"Cora," I called to her. "Invite Samantha to go with you. It's not nice to leave out a friend you've been playing with."

I wasn't sure what Cora would do with this information. She's shy, she's 3 ...

She came back for Samantha. She took her by the hand and brought her over to Kendall. I couldn't hear what she said, but she had her arm around Samantha the whole time and then the 3 girls played together. I was SO proud of Cora. It was a small gesture of self-confidence and kindness, but it was great to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it weird this makes me tear up? Our baby Cora is the Nice Girl. Love love love her!