Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Awesome!

Last night was simply awesome. Cora told me she didn't need my help with bedtime prayers because she had a prayer she wanted to say. It went like this, "Dear God, it makes me sad Jesus died on a cross. I love you and I love Jesus, and I believe in You."

It's hard to express the pure joy and gratitude I felt knowing that Cora is beginning to form a relationship with Christ. I asked her what made her think about this, and she said she learned about this in children's liturgy and had been thinking about it, and then she just "made the rest up." I am so comforted to know that despite all of our shortcomings as parents and people and the contradictions in our lives as Christians, the most important thing we can impress upon our children is taking root.

Thank you, God.

No comments: